Monument Valley, a land of majestic red sandstone monoliths and vast desert landscapes, is an iconic destination that transports visitors. The dramatic silhouettes of the buttes and mesas against the expansive sky created a mesmerizing panorama that seemed almost surreal. Monument Valley has been immortalized in countless films and photographs, and it’s easy to see why. The sheer magnitude and timeless elegance of the natural sculptures evoke a sense of wonder and leave an indelible impression on all who venture into this extraordinary place. Our Monument Valley photos are stunning.
We had an unforgettable experience visiting Monument Valley, located on the Arizona-Utah border, known for its towering sandstone buttes. We stayed at the View Hotel, which offered incredible views of the valley from our room. That afternoon we spent outside, taking in the stunning scenery as a mixture of rain, clouds, and sunlight moved through the valley. See our “4 Days Exploring in Monument Valley” post
Scenes from the valley view area
We had arranged a private sunrise tour with Blackwater Tours and were picked up at the hotel by a young Navajo man named Henry. He took us to The Totem Pole, a rock spire in Monument Valley which is a remnant of an eroded butte, while it was still dark, and we were able to witness some spectacular sunrise views of the area with some awesome Monument Valley photos.
After sunrise, Henry gave us a tour through parts of the valley that were off the main loop road. He was very quiet and soft-spoken and we enjoyed listening to him share his immense knowledge of the tribal park. I particularly enjoyed watching my wife play with the Navajo children at one of our stops.
Scenes from our private tour
We highly recommend taking a private or group tour of Monument Valley. (Check out our other post blog for more photos and information about Monument Valley).
Lorna’s Tips and Lessons
A rechargeable hand vacuum can be an incredibly useful tool to have during a long road trip by truck. Here are some of the benefits of having a hand vacuum on hand:
- Keeps the truck clean: Truck interiors can get dirty quickly, especially during a long trip. A hand vacuum can be used to quickly and easily clean up crumbs, dirt, and other debris that can accumulate on the floor, seats, and other surfaces.
- Reduces allergens: If you or anyone in your party has allergies, a hand vacuum can help reduce allergens in the truck by quickly removing dust, pet hair, and other particles that can trigger allergic reactions.
- Saves time and money: Instead of having to stop at a car wash or gas station to clean your truck, a hand vacuum can allow you to quickly clean up messes and keep your truck looking its best. This can save you both time and money in the long run.
- Increases comfort: A clean and tidy truck can make for a more comfortable and enjoyable ride. With a hand vacuum on hand, you can easily clean up any messes or spills that occur during your trip, ensuring a more pleasant experience for everyone.
- Versatile and portable: A hand vacuum is small and lightweight, making it easy to carry with you on your trip. You can use it to clean up messes in the truck, but it can also be used to clean out tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear.